Sunday, April 8, 2007

mutha fuckin right, pockets lookin kinda tight!

good evening ladies and elmer's glue eaters. i come bearing good news. i finally finished my 8-bit piece(late last night). 1000 songs later on my ipod. to make this fun i will intersperse random lyrics i hear as i type this blog(starting with the title). i don't believe i can post up a picture of my 8 bit piece just yet, but as soon as i can, i will.

"all my stitches itch, my prescription's low. i wish you were queen, just for today"

i have been listening to my ipod on random for the past 2 months or so. i am currently on song 1509 out of 5077. the rule is that i have to listen to them all without forwarding thru or skipping any of them. i figure if i was dumb enough to put them on my ipod in the first place, then i should have to suffer thru some of the god-awful filler tracks on some of my favorite cd's. and holy hell, there have been some bad ones(see: Probot).

"screamin like you dyin every time i'm fuckin you"

i also wrapped up 2 new designs for Rockstar Games. these are the skeletons of them, they will use whatever filler colors they choose. they are throw-ups (or throwies or whatever you feel like calling them) and will be plastered throughout the game to make it look like some little tiny video game Maz ran thru the town with a digital can of spray paint destroying all of the nice clean alleys. poor fake Los Angeles. poor fake people. hooray for fake boobies. sadly, i am still only a level 8 ninja, and that means that i still can not provide any information as to what the game is or when it is coming out. i have been told that if i pull some Karate Kid Daniel-son type of shit and catch 14 live flies with chopsticks then i can obtain this information. my record is only 12 flies, so a level 8 i shall remain. Mr. Miyagi was always too drunk to train me.

"where my sistas? where my sistas at?"

check em out:





"so, i've decided to take my work underground"

i will also be participating in the upcoming Vinyl Toy Network in Pasadena on Sunday May 6th. the last one was in December and was a blast. i will be there signing and drawing for anyone who wants me to sign and draw for them. a few of the things i will be signing: women's bras, vinyl sex toys, blank checks, qees, prosthetic arms, golf clubs, dead plants, and pictures of 2pac. things i won't be signing: men's bras, flip flops, pictures of Principal Belding, toothless gerbils, toothpaste, toothbrushes, and lemons. i will also be playing the harmonica and dancing like a flapper later in the afternoon(at the same time). so yeah, come and say hi...or come and yell at me...or just stay home and yell at your stationary bicycle for being lazy and unambitious like it's other siblings.

"just how damaged have i become?"

also on the horizon for me is a pretty cool show in silverlake at Monkeyhouse toys(fuck, i hope i spelled the name of the place right) that i will be participating in. the show is in June and is called Cereal Killers(or maybe Serial Killers?). basically, artists are going to provide their version/interpretation of classic cereal box characters. should be a good time. i was going to do a custom toy, but i have decided to do a wood panel painting instead. definitely looking forward to this one, i am gonna start sketching out my ideas this week.

"i used to watch my grandmother catch the holy ghost in church"

ok, well i have to go eat some breakfast for dinner and watch amazing race. i also apparently have to learn how to become a mechanic(before tomorrow morning) because half of the lights on my truck decided not to work. i think they are on strike and it has something to do with fidel castro and the bay of pigs. but they were yelling at me in cuban and i can only speak french, so fuck them(and if you know how to speak cuban, tell me how to tell them to fuck off and get back to work and then how to tell them to roll me a cigar). i am going to hire scab workers to replace them in the meantime.

"yes indeedy, i wrote graffiti on the bus"

good luck and happy thanksgiving. the rabbit stuffing was delicious.

-Maz-

No comments: