Friday, May 25, 2007

over halfway there

after hours and hours and hours of listening to my ipod on random/shuffle, i am very happy to announce that i have broken the halfway point of songs. i am currently on song 2697 out of 5077. at this pace, i should reach the last song some time in 2019.

onto the fun stuff. i am more-or-less finished with my painting for the upcoming Cereal Killers show on June 9th at Monkeyhouse Toys. here is the flier:

Holy shit, my name is on another flyer! My painting for this show is 8" x 16", acrylic on wood panel. it will be framed and will look all nicey-nice. the painting is my interpretation of Toucan Sam and the Trix Rabbit. in my opinion, this piece represents some of my strongest work so far. once i get it varnished and get some good photos, i will post them up for you guys. it will also be available to purchase through the gallery for anyone who is interested in owning a sliver of my soul.

my shirt for ava should be coming out sometime soon through 70*7. i don't know the exact date, so keep an eye out. in order to help boost the sales, i am thinking of doing a raffle from all the people who purchase one of my shirts(and are interested in entering the drawing). the winner would receive a pen and ink drawing by me. it depends on how much time i have, but right now this very minute it sounds like a good idea. don't quote me on it yet.

this summer is shaping up to be busy. i will be part of a smaller group show at gallery 1988 in SF at the end of June. i will be doing 4 or 5 affordably priced pen and ink drawings (each will be 9" x 12" or so) for this show. then, SDCC in July. then Vegas in August. i have been getting a few inquiries about Comic Con. as far as i know, i will be there (barring any unforeseen circumstances) wednesday through saturday. at this time, i do not have any scheduled signing times with any specific companies. if you are a company and you are interested in having me stop by and sign or sketch at your booth, just drop me an email and we can set up a specific time and date. and if you are not a company, but you want me to sign or sketch for you, just feel free to come up, introduce yourself to me, and ask for a sketch. it should be good times this year, all of the other years have been a blast.

ok, i think that is all for now. i have to take my dog to the vet in a few minutes. he is being evaluated for gender reassignment surgery. it's expensive, but he feels like it will make him have a happier and fuller life.

don't let MADD stop your good times,
Maz

No comments: